Past Event: December 10, 2013: Holiday Happy Hour
‘Tis the season to toast the holidays, see old friends, make new connections, and help those less fortunate. Please join us on Tuesday, December 10 for a holiday happy hour to benefit “Care for Real”.
Care for Real provides the Greater Edgewater community with vital resources such as a food pantry, deliveries to the homebound, clothing, and an employment center to help individuals become self-reliant. Originally intended to be a short-term solution to a specific problem, it soon became clear that there was a need for an on-going safety net in the area.
Food for thought…..Care for Real in 2013
- Distributed more than 1,000,000 lbs. of food
- Served 27,000 households, feeding 54,000 individuals
- Dispersed school supplies to 450 children
- Assisted 650 people through a jobs program
- Established a lending library
- And distributed toys to more than 600 families for the holidays
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Location: Thai Urban Kitchen @500 W. Madison
Time: 5:30p – 7:30p
Cost: $20, includes $10 donation and appetizers
Be inspired with laughter, compassion, and hope. Additional donations will be accepted that evening – checks, clothing, non-perishable food, and unwrapped toys.